Tuesday, January 15, 2013

{My Projects} Gifts for Family! Puppet, Shoes, and King and Queen Aprons

I got to spend a wonderful week last week with my parents, my sister and her adorable family!  It was a fun, restful, special time with them.  We really made some treasured memories (think, ice skating on a frozen lake at 16 degree F)!  Before heading out, and after recovering from the vicious Flu, I made some little gifts to take with me. I'd been too sick to get them done in time for Christmas.
My nephews got a handmade Lion puppet!  I wanted to find a cute picture book about a lion, too, but ran out of time.  Don't we always seem to in short supply of 'time'?




My teeny tiny adorable niece got a pair of fleece shoes to keep her toes warm.  It's COLD up there in Colorado!

Since my dad's retirement, my parents have enjoyed a lot more cooking time together.  My dad can make a incredible salad with a dozen finely chopped veggies, maybe some fruit, too.  Really scrumptious!  And my mom has always served up the tastiest meals (think, lime french toast for breakfast and Dr. Pepper-basted ribs for dinner -- mmmm!).  So, together, they'll keep every visitor well fed!

I was excited to make them a "his and hers" set of aprons.  I decided to spice it up a bit and make them "king and queen" of the kitchen!

The Queen apron has a store-bought gem tiara that was iron-on and such a great bling addition to the apron, and the King apron got a machine-stitched stetson hat.  Happy Cooking!

No comments: