Thursday, August 25, 2011

{My Projects} "Owl" Hanging Panel

I had just enough fabric leftover from the curtains for my boys' room to make a new panel to hang from the end of my youngest son's bed (now a daybed, formerly a crib).

I appliqued four little owls with button eyes and solid bold colors to keep with the minimalist theme of the IKEA tree print fabric. Four owls because I have 3 boys and another baby on the way! :)

It hangs by velcro straps, and has a sleeve at the top, as well as one at the bottom, to slip in a section of half-inch dowel to help it keep its shape.






Here's to hoping the boys don't pull out the dowels and begin a sword fight!

(My husband built the crib 8 years ago when we were expecting our first. Nice job, Neal! It's mostly intact still.)














No comments: